Wednesday 9 October 2013

Lily and May

I have been so busy lately that I have neglected my blog... looking back over the past few month's photos, I've had a lot of fun shoots!

I had a lot of fun with Claire and Sapphire of Lily and May documenting their preparation for a wedding at Gaynes Park. I really love Claire's work - beautiful arrangements that look effortlessly natural in stunning colours, and I love the way she mixes wild flowers with rose and peonies.

I visited the Lily and May workshop on Friday afternoon to photograph the bride's bouquet, table and aisle arrangements being made. The scent when I walked into the workshop was over-powering - the room was filled with buckets of flowers. What a great place to work!

It was interesting to watch Claire construct the bouquet - she is such a perfectionist and spent a long time ensuring she was happy with her creation. It looked fabulous! Watching the girls put together the jam jars of flowers for the tables and aisle made me realise the amount of work they put into one wedding day. The venue was going to look amazing.

Next day I met Claire and Sapphire at Gaynes Park to document them setting up. Some of the jam jars were tied to the chairs along the aisle and a gorgeous heart shaped wreath was tied to the door of the Apple Loft. The reception room had collections of jam jars on each table and the room was full of flowers. Claire decorated the cake with fresh flowers - again displaying her attention to detail and meticulous care over her work.

As I imagined, Gaynes Park looked stunning.


























































No comments:

Post a Comment