Friday 1 November 2013

Family Photos

I love taking photos of children. I love that they don't mind the camera and they're not self-conscious and they'll just get on with what they're doing while I click away and chat to them.

This little lot were such good fun to photograph. It was great to meet them and spend some time with them, and great to see how their personalities and relationships with each other began to show from the other side of the camera after just an hour. My aim is always to take pictures of people, children or adults, how they are. On the whole I find this easier with children. They are less concerned with how they look and what other people think of them.

Whatever the age, it's a real privilege to be invited into other people's lives for this short space of time, and always a real pleasure to meet new people and document a little bit of who they are.












































No comments:

Post a Comment